[Gllug] ERM!? DS1820 and digitemp

MJ mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 15:05:52 UTC 2006

Uh I am still stuck even though; I now how?

Where am I wrong? I ve got only one DS1820 sensor for testing.
on the bus my circuit is properly soldered . . . my wires are twisted!
Whimper help

[root at ThinkPad240X mj]# digitemp -i
DigiTemp v2.6.1 Copyright 1996-2002 by Brian C. Lane
GNU Public License v2.0 - http://www.brianlane.com

Error, you don't have +rw permission to access
[root at ThinkPad240X mj]# digitemp -i -s/dev/ttyS0
DigiTemp v2.6.1 Copyright 1996-2002 by Brian C. Lane
GNU Public License v2.0 - http://www.brianlane.com

Error 5: DS2480B Adapter Not Detected
Error 7: DS2480B: Bad Response
[root at ThinkPad240X mj]#

      Dr Martin L. King: "I JUST WANNA DO GOD'S WILL!"
       "The label on the PC said suitable for Windows
          9x, 2000 or better. So, I loaded Linux !"
                   - et cetera ad nauseam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk