[Gllug] wxPython development (was C/C++ mentor)

TreeBoy gllug at petethetree.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 19:58:02 UTC 2006

I will let you know.

I'm having real problems with FreeGuide (a tv listings program using xmltv):
XMLTV doesn't seem to like the Radio Times feed and (possibly) en_GB.UTF-8
which means that you cannot select the channels.

So I'm writing my own and see what happens.

I'm starting the GUI by using wxGlade, but I then find it easier to manually
modify the code. Basically it tells me how to use the widgets I'm after.

When I've got something basically working (hopefully the end of next week)
I'll stick it up on sourceforge to be ripped apart by those that know the one
true way ;-)

I will have done some things in the wrong way, but that is because I much
prefer strongly typed languages and so I probably corrupt the usage of Python
which I understand to be more geared to functional programming.

Anyway, I will post when it's up.

Cheers