[Gllug] Whinges - was SwitchedOnUK

Christopher Mocock chris at wavestore.com
Fri Nov 24 15:39:14 UTC 2006

Peter Cannon wrote:
> Now thats interesting in my experience Acer has come on in leaps and bounds
> and currently I recommend their kit over Dell.

I had a PSU failure on my Acer laptop about a year after purchase and
they sent a replacement out immediately without any quibble. The laptop
is fantastic too, no problems other than that in 2 1/2 years and it
still performs really well.

My father recently purchased a Dell laptop running WinXP and I spent
half a day removing all the junk they installed. It took a good 3 or 4
minutes to boot as there were so many anti-spyware tools which seem more
like spyware than anti-spyware to me!

So I too tend to recommend Acer over Dell. Oh well, each to their own.

Chris.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk