[Gllug] Some good news - copyright on sound recordings not to be extended

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 22:26:28 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:07:07 +0000 "Martin A. Brooks"
<martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:

> > Exactly my impression. Lots of news services are acting as if this
> > is a huge problem and oh-so-terrible, but, um, if you want to be
> > paid after expiry, try *doing some work in the half-century-plus
> > since 1955*. Sheesh.
> >

> Personally I think copyright should be valid until the
> death/dissolution of the holder.

It isn't about copyright, which lasts until half a century (or more,
depending on the country) after the death of the author/composer. It's
about royalties, which is an entirely different issue. The subject line
is misleading,

--
 All the best,
 John