[Gllug] [JOB] - Perl developer in Linux environment

Dani Pardo jiffier at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 16:12:49 UTC 2006

2006/11/10, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org>:

> It's not really all that well paid.
>
> Once you cover your overheads (company costs, accounting costs, tax,
> insurance, pension, etc) so as to provide the same benefits an employee
> has you are paid about the same as an employee.

  How much would that expenses get up to? In Spain, that comes around
180 pounds per month, and that's only company costs. So I understand
that being a contractor in the UK is much cheaper than Spain (also,
400 quid per day is not even something people can dream of in Spain..
:)

> Many contractors are actually worse off due to a tax rule called IR35
> which means they are taxed as an employee would be but get none of the
> benefits!

  Yep, benefits is a word we don't have in Spain either when talking
about jobs :)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk