[Gllug] Algorithm question for your Friday morning

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 19:32:15 UTC 2006

Dean Wilson wrote:

> It's also one of the most advert laden magazines I've ever read - nearly
> every two page spread has an advert on it. The size is awkward, the new
> layout is horrible and I think the new editor needs some (more?)
> medication?
>
> I've read LJ for the last seven years but I've not picked a copy up in the
> last couple of months due to the insane drop in standards.

I used to subscribe, but it got less content and more ads, and the
quality of what was there went down. They had the same regular writers
all the time as well, several of whom seemed to have a rather blinkered
view of some things. And the articles written in Franglais were really
jarring to read, as well.

Maybe it'll get better again, but I've seen no evidence recently.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk