[Gllug] Microsoft announces deals with Lynux !

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Nov 3 11:39:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Richard Jones wrote:

> None of this has anything to do with the quality or otherwise of Linux
> desktop applications, which are perfectly sufficient for the casual
> web/email user.  If there was some irreplaceable killer app that
> Windows had, then Macs wouldn't be so popular either.

I very much disagree. The truth is that Linux desktop applications are not
as well integrated as those on Windows for the most part and many Linux
based alternatives to Windows based applications are poor by comparison.

Things have changed a little over the past couple of years but Windows
users still find Linux a challenge and often go back because application x
just isn't available and the suggested alternative doesn't work as well.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98