[Gllug] Small Keyboard

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 20:51:24 UTC 2006

I have been using a Gyration GP120 small RF-connected keyboard and mouse
combination for the last few years.   It particularly suited my small desk
and worked exceptionally well until this evening, when my wife spilt a glass
of wine inside it.

Close internal examination shows that the wine got in everywhere, and no
amount of cleaning, drying and cursing has got it anywhere near working
again.

It appears that this is a discontinued model (of course), and the newer ones
all use 2.4 GHz (this one is at 450 MHz).  Previous attempts to use anything
2.4 GHz around here have been rendered impossible by the number of wireless
routers and the like in close proximity.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a small footprint, ideally RF cordless,
keyboard and mouse combination that doesn't use 2.4 GHz?  I like the cordless
option, so that I can put the keyboard on my lap at times.  I really don't
want to use IR (if such a beast still exists), but would put up with a wired
keyboard if really necessary.

All suggestions (except replacing the wife) welcome!

Chris