[Gllug] Microsoft announces deals with Lynux !

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Nov 3 10:34:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I have heard several people say that the next Microsoft release may be
> the last they are able to sell, so they may be looking for ways to buy into
> Open Source and hedge their bets.

Sounds like nonsense to me.

MS has 85% of the desktop market and a fair portion of the server market.
They continue to develop products to lock customers in and many many IT
professionals continue to push MS products as that's a sure fire way of
ensuring continued income for themselves.

This situation has not changed for a very long time.

To suggest that in 5 years MS will no longer be able to charge money for
their software in light of this doesn't compute.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98