[Gllug] Microsoft announces deals with Lynux !

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 11:18:57 UTC 2006

Richard Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 11:57:10PM +0000, Simon Morris wrote:
>> From that article:
>> "Novell recognizes the significant contribution open source developers
>> have made to Linux
>
> The words "significant contribution" are enough to get my blood
> boiling.  We fucking WROTE IT.

Novell has lost the plot with this one. There are so many examples of
companies who've made deals with Microsoft only to regret it later, that
I'm truly staggered they've been this stupid. They've tied the future of
their company to Linux, and now they've got into bed with MS. This isn't
a recipe for success. Personally I thought they were doing some good
things before this, but I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole now.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk