[Gllug] Microsoft announces deals with Lynux !

Simon Morris sm at fsfe.org
Sat Nov 4 11:18:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 11:18 +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> Novell has lost the plot with this one. There are so many examples of
> companies who've made deals with Microsoft only to regret it later, that
> I'm truly staggered they've been this stupid. They've tied the future of
> their company to Linux, and now they've got into bed with MS. This isn't
> a recipe for success. Personally I thought they were doing some good
> things before this, but I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole now.

I feel exactly the same way. They've employed some hackers over the past
few years that are passionate about Free Software. I wonder what their
opinions are.

I've been happy to advocate Novell as a company doing the right thing
for a while now. I think this seemed like a great idea in the boardroom
amongst those who still don't get what Free Software is about.

I'm really disappointed :(

~sm

--
Simon Morris