[Gllug] Microsoft announces deals with Lynux !

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Tue Nov 7 10:58:52 UTC 2006

Chris Bell wrote:
> On Tue 07 Nov, Rob Crowther wrote:
>
>> "Other developments that could speed adoption include support for
>> proprietary technologies such as Active-X or even Internet Explorer on
>> the Linux desktop. If Microsoft helps Novell implement those
>> technologies into Linux, then the desktop world could change dramatically."
>>
>> There doesn't seem to be a comments page, the contact us has an email
>> address for sending 'letters to the editor'.

I would be very interested to know IBM's response on the
Novell/Microsoft deal considering the lengthy legal scrutiny involved in
the SCO case (maybe they can't comment while that rumbles on).

Novell's tie up implies they feel there may be some IP / patent
infringement in Linux, even if these so called "infringments" involve
the software equivalent of "swinging on a swing" patents.

regards

Paul Lee
www.ma1.se
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk