[Gllug] Mailing package

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 21:16:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 22:07:26 +0000 John Hearns
<john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:

> To be slightly les cryptic,
> I'd guess you could do this system using a PHP scripted frontend to
> SQlite, and use the reports-generating part of Knoda to print the
> labels.

I'd gathered that was what you meant.

Thanks for replying. But none of the suggestions I've received gives me
any more than I have at the moment - usually considerably less at the
cost of programming work on my part.

If I'm going to do any programming, then it's going to be something
that gives me a proper executable binary file, rather than an
interpreted script. The current program is something that's lasted
nearly ten years (its present version was developed for Windows 95, and
was a rewrite of something that ran under DOS) and is run, against one
database or another, a couple of times a week. I'm looking for
robustness and minimal effort to operate its replacement,

--
 All the best,
 John