[Gllug] VACANCY: System Administrator, Old Street, London

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:00:21 UTC 2006

On 14/11/06, Alex Crow <acrow at integrafin.co.uk> wrote:

> Please find below details of a current vacancy at our offices in Old
> Street, EC2A. Please reply to careers at integrafin.co.uk if you are
> interested.
[snip]

It's really nothing personal, but this post contravenes the published
commercial posting policy for the GLLUG list:

"If you are posting an advert for a job vacancy your Subject line
should begin with 'VACANCY: ', and include some sensible text
describing your message. Only post if your message contains all
relevant information.

    * Type of skills required to fill the vacancy.
    * Location details - don't just say 'London', it's a big place.
    * Type of employer.
    * Minimum salary.
    * No postings from agencies. If you are a new agency that deals
specifically with Linux jobs then you should post just the one
'ADVERT: ' message, then those looking for jobs will know where to
find you."

I'm in a bad mood, I'm currently looking for work - not in London or
anywhere near - and phrases like "competitive salary" are starting to
really annoy me.  What's the minimum salary offered for the job you've
just posted?

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk