[Gllug] Is there any demand for rsync based offsite backup?

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Nov 1 23:17:44 UTC 2006

Chris Bell wrote:

>    Unfortunately I think it might grow rapidly. Perhaps we should club
> together and buy one of the nuclear bomb shelters, complete with their
> diesels, communications, aircons, etc.

Strangely enough, I was on a bike ride in Essex on Sunday, and mentioned
the Secret Bunker. Someone said a similar bunker is up for sale at the
moment.

As an aside, we should have a GLLUG trip there sometime.
http://www.secretnuclearbunker.com/

>    Archive storage should be easier than instant access, but technological
> advances would probably make it unreadable in no time. Magneto Optical was
> supposed to be the ultimate at one time, but I don't see many drives around

Digital archaeology - I've had a couple of rants on GLLUG about this.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk