[Gllug] Getting SquirrelMail and Dovecot to work properly together

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Nov 19 17:03:06 UTC 2006

Nearly finished my server migration, and I've just one more puzzling
problem.

I've gone with Dovecot as the IMAP server on the new box, with
SquirrelMail providing webmail access as before.  Dovecot clearly makes
a distinction between folders containing messages and folders containing
other folders, and Thunderbird picks up on this distinction.  Folders
which just contain other folders are displayed by Thunderbird in grey,
with a little "+" sign next to them to expand them.

Squirrelmail on the other hand doesn't display these folders at all,
which is a little irritating.  You get an indented list of every bottom
level folder, but no means to telescope the list because the parent of
each group is missing.

Anyone know how to change the configuration of either Dovecot or
Squirrelmail so that they will work together?

(I've tried taking the "My server is Dovecot" in the Squirrelmail
configuration, but that didn't seem to make any difference.)

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk