[Gllug] Core 2 duo / Intel 965 chipset

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 11 13:11:03 UTC 2006

Tethys wrote:
> Mike Brodbelt writes:
>
>> I'd avoid board based around the nVidia nForce chipsets, personally.
>
> Just curious... why? Our nForce based systems seem to be working
> perfectly. Or is this just an ethical decision, based on their
> behaviour with their graphics cards?

Personally, for me nVidia = avoid. I'm just unwilling to put cash in the
direction of a company that behaves like they do. Before they closed
their driver source off completely they even tried to shoehorn
obfuscated code into X, and the nForce stuff (nvnet, IIRR) certainly
used to come as yet another binary only module. Unless they have a
radical change of stance I won't buy anything from them.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk