[Gllug] Microsoft announces deals with Lynux !

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Tue Nov 7 09:55:52 UTC 2006

I got a link to a laughable article on Byte.com in my inbox this morning:

"While the very idea of Novell and Microsoft working together is almost
inconceivable, the partnership certainly makes sense from a technical
standpoint"

And yet the article lists exactly zero technical benefits from the
partnership:

http://www.byte.com/documents/s=9988/byt1162662069406/1106c.htm

Apparently Red Hat and Oracle are at a significant disadvantage because
they haven't partnered with Microsoft...  It gets very funny towards the
end:

"Other developments that could speed adoption include support for
proprietary technologies such as Active-X or even Internet Explorer on
the Linux desktop. If Microsoft helps Novell implement those
technologies into Linux, then the desktop world could change dramatically."

There doesn't seem to be a comments page, the contact us has an email
address for sending 'letters to the editor'.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk