[Gllug] Free SSL certs?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Nov 7 18:55:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:48:35PM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> >Thanks for all the replies.  I'm beginning to remember now why I
> >dislike SSL (well, https) so much.
> >
> >Rich.
> >

> Might this work for you :  http://cert.startcom.org/
>
> Although the whole idea of how they got their root into Mozilla and IE'
> are semi doubt, and they dont come with the sort of warranties that
> versign etc might pass along.....

What is the story?  All I can find are various press releases about
the StartCom root certificate being included in FF 2.0.

Anyway, I've decided it's easier just to mandate use of an ssh tunnel
to get to the server.  That nicely solves the authentication problem
also (this is a in-company VPN-type service).

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Internet Marketing and AdWords courses - http://merjis.com/courses - NEW!