[Gllug] Free SSL certs?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Nov 11 01:34:41 UTC 2006

On 7 Nov 2006, Karanbir Singh said:
> Although the whole idea of how they got their root into Mozilla and
> IE' are semi doubt, and they dont come with the sort of warranties
> that versign etc might pass along.....

What warranties? `The party buying this SSL cert had a credit card, or
at least stole a credit card number from someone.'

How very reassuring that is, given that you don't even need to be
alive to get multiple credit card notices through your door these
days (the house my grandma lives in still gets inundated with offers
of free credit cards for her: she died in 1984...)

--
Rich industrial heritage: lifeless wasteland. `The land
north of Mordor has a rich industrial heritage.'