[Gllug] X problem

Khusro Jaleel kerneljack at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 18:32:59 UTC 2006

Maybe you have X11Forwarding disabled in your /etc/ssh/sshd_config, just as
John said? I recently started seeing this message too, and I think that was
the problem.

I'm not sure about it, but I usually also set my X server to accept remote
connections, maybe this is also disabled for you? In your
'/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc', check for 'nolisten tcp' and remove it if it's
there. There may be some other files as well in /etc/X11 that use 'nolisten
tcp' and one of those may be the culprit, such as your gdm or kdm startup
files.

Hope you get it working,
Khusro