[Gllug] SwitchedOnUK

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Fri Nov 24 12:21:22 UTC 2006

>>> Name and shame then. Who is the backbone provider and who the major VoIP
>>> supplier. If they're rubbish then we should be told !
>> Backbone: Mistral
>
> Mistral's BT Central capacity is a small number of 155Mb pipes. They
> wholesale supply AceInternet who have been selling high bandwidth ADSL
> services at low prices for a long time. I do not believe Mistral have the
> BT Central capacity to continue providing a high quality SDSL service.

 > It you are paying £1100 per month for an SDSL service giving such poor
 > performance please contact me asap. I just quoted someone £1000 per
month
 > for a 10Mb leased line in London.

Please don't take this the wrong way - but.

One week ago I contacted your company ASAP as you suggested using the
contact form on the website requesting quotes for SDSL and services as
above.

I used the website form. I'm a prospective customer -right?

Now this is seven real days - and five working days - ago.

I have had no reply of any sort. Not even a response from a ticketing
system.

The reason I use Mistral (and Zen) and not the myriad of other providers
is that Mistral (and Zen) generally respond to technical support and
sales requests within *minutes*.

*That* is a premium business service.

I have tried many of the rest and currently these are (IME) the best.

My own company maintains the following response targets:

Phone calls: 95% answered within 2 rings.
Emails: 95% responded to within 1 hour.
Support desk: acknowledged and ticketed automatically, 98% or better:
support follow-up depending on SLA but same day at least.
Sales desk requests: acknowledged and ticketed automatically, 98% or
better: sales follow-up same day.

I don't want to be offensive - I am tempted by the services and products
you offer for my own use - but this level of response is utterly useless
    to me on a commercial basis for resale.

There are many that 'talk the talk' - but it's harder to 'walk the walk'
(as I know only too well).

You may want to check if the form is working? I was surprised not to get
a ticket at least.

James Roberts