[Gllug] C/C++ mentor

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Nov 23 23:02:11 UTC 2006

On 23 Nov 2006, Daniel P. Berrange uttered the following:
> NB. I'm maintainer of the DBus  Perl bindings & can assure you there
> is nothing in them remotely related to X, GTK, KDE, or any other
> desktop-y bits.

So what's your opinion of libdbus-1.0.0+'s charming `check failed? we
SIGABRT you' failure mode? If it stays it seems very unlikely that D-Bus
will be used by many important services: keeping those services running
is often far more important than sending notification messages out.

--
`The main high-level difference between Emacs and (say) UNIX, Windows,
 or BeOS... is that Emacs boots quicker.' --- PdS