[Gllug] OpenOffice, from source using GCJ or ECJ

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Nov 14 01:23:44 UTC 2006

On 11 Nov 2006, Chris Stromblad stated:
> My question is simply to ask if anyone on the list has successfully
> built OO from source against an Open Source java implementation, like
> GNU java or eclipse?

Getting this working (again: it was once but keeps breaking) is next on
my todo list (probably for this weekend).

I'll probably try it twice, once with 4.1.1, and once with tip-of-tree
once the integration of ECJ as GCC's new Java frontend stabilizes. (I
jest not.)

> Any help, direction, tips, advice is greatly appreciated.

Despair and prayer are common reactions when seeing the OOo codebase for
the first time. Do not abandon hope, it is comprehensible.

Eventually.

--
Rich industrial heritage: lifeless wasteland. `The land
north of Mordor has a rich industrial heritage.'