[Gllug] Linux distro for small memory system

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Oct 30 23:38:08 UTC 2006

On 30 Oct 2006, Richard Jones said:
> Funnily enough I was just having a rant about that ...
>
> http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=203284&threshold=-1&commentsort=0&mode=nested&cid=16630010

If you want to be truly scared, kick up xrestop and have a look at the
size of the pixmaps Firefox is cahing in the X server. I've seen it eat
>200Mb in there... and that, of course, is *in addition* to the
existing Firefox bloat.

(Mind you with my XEmacs needing twice-daily restarts as it bloats to
>750Mb RSS, I'm not really one to talk. But that's an outright bug and
it's going to get fixed if it's the last thing I do.)

--
`When we are born we have plenty of Hydrogen but as we age our
 Hydrogen pool becomes depleted.'