[Gllug] Linux distro for small memory system

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 11:53:03 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:

> You are Jim Gettys and I claim my laptop with 512Mb of flash and 128Mb
> of RAM, an always-on mesh network card, and the world's most peculiar
> low-power-consumption display device.

:-) Actually, while I don't necessarily agree with the ideals of the
OLPC project, I do like the work they're doing on reducing bloat. Even
if the project itself falls flat on its face, the benefits that the
free software community will get from the work they're doing will have
made it all worthwhile.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk