[Gllug] Open Source lobbying meeting - UKUUG London Thurs 19th

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Oct 15 14:39:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:29:58AM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> Same today - I was recommending my brother to buy a Mac. "But does it
> run Office".

And the answer is ... yes:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications/office/

I even run Office & IE 6 on my Linux box from time to time, using
Crossover Office.  The emulation works flawlessly, meaning Office
sucks just as much on Linux as it does on Windows.

> And as I've said before on GLLUG - where is the killer app for desktop
> Linux then?

Microsoft seems to be doing a good job of imploding all by itself at
the moment.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.