[Gllug] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update to Novembers meeting

Simon Morris sm at fsfe.org
Mon Oct 30 22:49:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

As an update to the announcement for the GLLUG meeting on Sat. 11th
November:

Roger Whittaker from Novell Technical Services will be presenting a talk
on Xen Virtualisation and Linux [1]. Virtualisation is a big topic in
the industry (of course some may argue that mainframes were "doing"
virtualisation a long time ago :-)) and Xen is slowly but surely coming
a regular feature in new Linux distributions.

The talk will centre around what Xen is and the benefits of
virtualisation and also SUSEs implementation of the Xen management tools

Roger has been working with SUSE for a long time (before they were
bought by Novell) and has been a friend of GLLUG for just as long. This
should be a great presentation.

Secondly, thanks to Apress books we will be holding a charity raffle for
2 technical books: "Beginning SUSE Linux" [2] and "Beginning Perl" [3].
Tickets are £1 each and 2 tickets will be drawn, the winner of the first
draw can choose which book they would prefer. Proceeds will go to Help a
London Child

More details about this meeting are available from our website.
http://gllug.org.uk

[0] http://disruptive.org.uk/
[1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/
[2] http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=407