[Gllug] Connectivity problems

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 23:17:06 UTC 2006

On Thu 12 Oct, Nix wrote:

> Ah, yes, the new Demon accounting system, faults in which go resolutely
> unrecognised by any of the Demon staff who still dare to post on
> demon.service...

   There has obviously been plenty of discussion on demon.service, and if
anyone finds a comparable service advertised at a comparable price there may
be a mass migration (which could then strain the resources of the other
orgnisation). Unfortunately, many ISP's are receiving complaints about the
quality of service actually provided.
   I have been contemplating registering my own domain name, but I have had
my demon.co.uk email address since soon after Demon started, and it is known
by too many old family, friends, and colleagues. I could obtain another
address, but I could not notify them all about the change. The best I could
do would be to retain the Demon address via dial-up, for half what I am now
paying for broadband.

--
Chris Bell