[Gllug] System going into suspend mode

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:07:25 UTC 2006

On 23/10/06, Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon 23 Oct, Peter Childs wrote:
>

> > I'm think of moving from Debian Sarge to Ubuntu (its generally more up
> > to date :) but this is turning into a major stubling block, While this
> > may be fine on a Laptop its stupid on a desktop so the least that
> > should exsist is an off switch.
> >
>    If you need something more up-to-date, why not just move to Debian
> Testing? Codename Etch, it is hoped it will be ready for full release as
> v4.0 early in December. You can do a distribution upgrade or
> re-installation, the current full distribution set is 21 CD's, and the
> installer RC1 should be ready within the next few days.

Generally Ubuntu seams more user frendly. And I think I might have
simular problems under Etch indeed I've groan a general hatred of any
distros based on a 2.6 kernel, When is 2.7 going to be started and 2.6
will become stable like 2.2 and 2.4 before it, This currently
situation is killing Linux.
Currently I'm seriously looking at Macs!

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk