[Gllug] Dual socket AM2 motherboards?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 23:15:10 UTC 2006

Christian Smith wrote:

> The HT-like model is also used SUN's T1 processor, giving up to 4 threads
> per core. It is actually a clever solution to make use of ALU units that
> would otherwise be idle due to pipeline stalls. And Netburst had lots of
> stalls!
>
> I share most of your anti-Intel sentiment, however:)

And don't take this the wrong way, but I still haven't heard a rational
anti-Intel argument in this thread. OK, so they overhype their products,
but that's hardly something that sets them apart from the crowd these
days, and anyone that can read a benchmark shouldn't be taken in.
They've also been slow to release some drivers in the past, but unlike
many vendors they do release specs. Is the avoidance just a habit from
days past, or is there any actual basis for it today?

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk