[Gllug] Domain certificate warning

Yashpal Nagar yash at linux-delhi.org
Mon Oct 2 23:14:11 UTC 2006

Anthony Newman wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Yashpal Nagar wrote:
>
>> [Mon Oct 02 10:32:44 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate
>> CommonName(CN) `hosta' does NOT match server name!?
>> [Mon Oct 02 10:32:45 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate
>> CommonName(CN) `hosta' does NOT match server name!?
>> -----------------
>> During csr generation i have given my domainname not the server name
>> i.e mydomain.com instead of hosta.
>

> You will need to provide a fully-qualified host name the same as will
> be used in URLs referring to the site for the cn when generating the
> certificate, such as www.mydomain.com, not a domain name unless you are
> hosting at your domain's A record (i.e. https://mydomain.com/)

As i said during CSR generation it nowhere asked me Fully-qualified
hostname against a url it only asked CN, will try tomm if there is any
option to provide one. Secondly i don't have any record (A-record or
PTR) in my local DNS for the domain, Is't /etc/hosts enough?

Thanks for your help

Cheers!
Yashpal
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk