[Gllug] Basic Linux training courses. Any suggestions?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 18:34:52 UTC 2006

Last Friday night, I used a minimal install of Mandriva to recover several
months worth of documents from a virus-trashed Windows machine.  Of course
the victim (my brother-in-law) hadn't backed anything up, and was about to
miss an important deadline....

He's now convinced that AOL isn't a good idea, and Linux is probably the way
to go, and that backups are essential!  He's been playing around with
Mandriva in the last few days and finds KDE and Open Office OK to work with.

However, he wants a brief course that he can attend to teach him a little
basic theory and the rudiments of system administration - no further than
needed for a serious home user - and wondered if there are any courses near
to him in Ealing.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk