[Gllug] Openview Service Desk Client

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 07:13:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 08:03:48AM +0100, Simon Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 07:22 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> > Hi chums,
> >
> > HP's website doesn't include any non-windows clients for connecting to
> > HP Openview Service Desk.
> >
> > If I wanted to roll out Linux workstations in a team that uses
> > Openview as its ticketing system, what would be the best solution to
> > this issue?  I am thinking some kind of windows terminal server which
> > ran the client?  Or some such thing?

Do complain to HP about this ... at as high a level as you can.
If no one complains they will assume that no one wants to do it & thus not bother.

The trouble with us techies is that we tend to take other people's problems onto
ourselves rather than pushing it back to where it belongs.

Yes: HP are unlikely to act on the basis of your complaint in a timescale that is
helpful for you, so you will have to work round. But if no one complains they
will never do it.

The best time to complain is when they are pitching something worth lots of $$
at you.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.