[Gllug] CentOS 4.4 SAN Support query

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 08:59:09 UTC 2006

I've got a setup as follows: HP BL35p with Qlogic 2312 based HBA booting
from a RaidTec Fibre Array X3000 SAN.

This is a base 4.4 system instaled from DVD with the minimal package set.

It installs and boots fine but when I come to adding a second LUN to the
install it falls over at reboot as if it can't find it anymore.

I'm adding the second lun in the SAN management system to be assigned
LUN ID 1 (It boots from 0) when viewed by the HBA then issuing the
following commands:

**echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host//host0//issue_lip
echo "0 0 1" > /sys/class?scsi_host/host0/scan

**This gets sdb and sdb1 (I've partitioned the space once already) up and if I create the LVM partitions it all works properly until a reboot - when it promptly falls over and forgets about it completely!

I'm getting a little stuck now - any ideas?

M at t :o)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk