[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group (Linux Expo)

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Mon Oct 9 14:16:56 UTC 2006

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Wednesday 25 Oct 2006
Time:  5.30pm onwards
Place: The Champion - 1 Wellington Terrace W2 4LW - 0207 792 4527
Map: http://tinyurl.com/2nta9
Nearest Tube:  Nottinghill Gate (central/circle/district lines)
Phone: 0208 896 2600

This month we'll be going to the Champion in Notting Hill Gate.
Which is a stone's throw from Olympia2 where the LinuxWorld
Expo show is happening this month on the 25th and 26th October.
If you are going to come along to the show you must register
to gain free entrance, which will be 15 on the door!
http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.uk.

Even if you're not sure you are coming, it's best to register
in case you change your mind. We're expecting about 100
people to this meeting and in similar vein to previous
years it'll be a good chance to meet and mingle with
Linux people from around the country as the descend
upon London for the Expo and come to Lonix.

We'll meet up at the end of the show at 5.00pm on the Lonix
stand and go down in a group. If you're going there on your own,
the nearest tube is Notting Hill Gate and it's a short
walk to the Champion. On exiting the station head towards the
Waterstones/Rymans direction. You'll see the Champion on your
left after a 5min walk.

We have the entire downstairs and beer garden reserved for us. A
variety of fine ales and beers are served as well as a huge
selection of reasonably priced food, from sausage and mash to
cray fish.

Thanks to uklinux.net we have a stand at this years Linux World
Expo and if you'd like to help out on the stand drop me a line.
We'll be flogging more Lonix Polo Shirts and handing out User
Group propaganda to brain wash anyone who dares to walk by!

If you're interested in helping out at the stand then please contact
me in advance so I can arrange a time slot and exhibitor passes for you.

Tushar Joshi

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk