[Gllug] Basic Linux training courses. Any suggestions?

Colin Murphy colin at spudulike.me.uk
Tue Oct 17 19:26:23 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 10:25, Paul M wrote:
> On 12/10/06, Sean Tohill <S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk> wrote:
> > anyone willing to put together a basic linux course for the next gllug
> > meeting in a few weeks can have use of a room of debian systems and a
> > data projector.
>
> Whats the timing on this? I've taught these sort of courses before and
> would be willing to do it, but I'm tied up for the next fortnight and
> will need to have time to prepare.

Hopefully someone else, someone more official, may have picked up on your
reply to Sean about teaching courses at Westminster with/through/for GLLUG.
I know how these things sometimes get buried, so I'm keen not to see any
opportunity lost.

Your offer for help would be very much appreciated.  We are lucky enough to
have the Uni lecture theatres as a venue for our meetings, but we can also
arrange for access to the computer labs.  Unfortunately we have failed to
really capitalise on this facility through lack of purpose.  Having a course
on something, anything, would make all of a difference.

Timing is not an issue for us; it's your time and we would be grateful for any
little bit of it we might get.  I'm sure the group would follow whatever lead
and pace you might set.

That's our position.  Are you still interested in running a course for the
group?

Colin at spudulike.me.uk
Occasional GLLUG admin.
Gotta go, things to be, people to do, and stuff to, err, stuff.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk