[Gllug] Is there any demand for rsync based offsite backup?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Oct 31 22:18:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> As a matter of interest, how are you doing this for Windows users ?
>
> It's something we've been looking at for backing up desktops in the office
> but I've not found something that works well on Windows and doesn't cost
> an arm and a leg.

We're offering a service called NetStore which is a proprietary solution.
It works quite well - I've been testing it on my wife's doze PC (she needs
it for her nursing course but is desperate to get herself back onto a
Linux desktop permanently) and it works very well.

Pricing is quite good starting at £2.51 + VAT per month for 300MB with
various options up to £31.45+VAT for 10GB.

It's basically cron, encrypted rsync and an encrypted storage duplicated
over 2 call centres.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98