[Gllug] Capturing network traffic

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Tue Oct 10 19:30:38 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I have a Swann DVR4-Net-PLUS which is a DVR for security cameras. I was hoping
that its network functionality would be available through some kind of
browser interface, but unfortunately it is tied to a client program which is
(unsurprisingly) a Windows application.

I have a dual-boot machine with the control and monitoring s/ware installed
and running, but this is obviously not an ideal solution. I am wondering,
however, if I could arrange to capture the network traffic between the DVR
and the Windows client program. I figure I can introduce a linux machine
configured as a gateway/bridge/router and have it record all the relevant
packets. So, what software might I look at for achieving this? Any ideas or

Dylan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk