[Gllug] MythTV on an (ex-)Sky+ satellite dish?

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 07:41:31 UTC 2006

Pete Ryland wrote:
> Yes, but he'll need the right DVB card.  There are DVB-T, DVB-C and
> DVB-S cards for terrestrial, cable and satellite, respectively.  A lot
> of the DVB-S cards will come with a slot for pay channel descramblers,
> but it should be usable for Freeview without a card and without paying
> a subscription.
Afraid not fully. Some of the channels broadcast on the Sky Freesat
platform are encoded and there are no CAMs available for it. Only Sky boxes.

You will get BBC channels and I think ITV but not Channel 4.
http://www.lyngsat.com/ has some good information on what's broadcast where.

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html is what you want to be looking at.

M at t :o)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk