[Gllug] 'Ran out of input data' when booting a new kernel (FC4)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Oct 10 22:48:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Anthony Newman stipulated:

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, John Hearns wrote:
>
>> I have initrds on the brain at the moment, stemming from having
>> to run mkinitrd every time a system using the mpt scsi driver is changed
>> (have to increase max_scsi_luns and then mkinitrd)
>
> Try LVM on software RAID on badly supported hardware. I spent a week
> recompiling kernels and initramfsen. Serves me right for using Gentoo
> probably :)

The only problem there is the badly supported hardware, of course.

(btw, if you're using my LVM-on-RAID initramfs script from
linux-raid.osdl.org, it's improved a lot recently, with support for
LVM-without-RAID, parsing of /etc/fstab for rootfs determination and so
forth: you might want to upgrade.)

--
`In typical emacs fashion, it is both absurdly ornate and
 still not really what one wanted.' --- jdev
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk