[Gllug] Connectivity problems

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 13:57:53 UTC 2006

On Mon 09 Oct, Jason Clifford wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Chris Bell wrote:
>
> >    Many subscribers to Demon Internet are complaining about problems with
> > connectivity, and associated information. I seem to remember that Demon had
> > something to do with connections to http://www.sunsite.org.uk, (Imperial
> > College) which has been unreachable by my system for some time. Can the site
> > be accessed via another route?
>
> I suspect it's a problem at Imperial (or whoever is hosting
> sunsite.org.uk) as it's in accessable from my Enta connection and my Clara
> based one too.
>
> Jason

   Thanks, it seems that Demon have some big problems. It seems that they
ran out of disc space, possibly due to the way they store logging
information, and nobody noticed. Their commercial webservers totally failed
for a few days, and there have been many reports of connectivity problems.
Their website always claims no reported problems, but you are very lucky if
you can contact anyone.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk