[Gllug] USB keyboard

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Oct 2 08:13:04 UTC 2006

Alain Williams wrote:

> Do I need to buy a mobo w/out a PS2 keyboard slot but a USB keyboard slot, or
> do I take a (recent) mobo and just not plug in a PS2 keyboard but plug in a
> USB one and it will find and use the USB keyboard ?

Yes, a motherboard with a PS/2 connector will work.
Make sure USB is enabled in the BIOS - you might need the PS/2 keyboard
for this! Then plug in your USB keyboard. Heck, plug them both in at the
same time.

At boot up time watch CAREFULLY for the BIOS messages on the first page.
It should report how many USB keyboards are plugged in.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk