[Gllug] USB keyboard

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 1 18:09:53 UTC 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 17:25, Alain Williams wrote:

> Sorry: I didn't make myself clear.
>
> Do I need to buy a mobo w/out a PS2 keyboard slot but a USB keyboard slot,
> or do I take a (recent) mobo and just not plug in a PS2 keyboard but plug
> in a USB one and it will find and use the USB keyboard ?

You can buy a board with a conventional keyboard and mouse socket, and then
use USB gear - it's exactly what I do.   I use a "Gyration" cordless keyboard
and mouse combination. and their receiver box just plugs into a spare USB
hole.

Mandriva, Mepis, Slackware and Ubuntu all "found" this unusual keyboard and
mouse combination without any problem.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk