[Gllug] ssh client on a mobile : recomendations

Julian Somers lists at bigpip.com
Wed Oct 11 17:12:52 UTC 2006

On 16:35 Wed 11 Oct     , Paul M wrote:
> On 11/10/06, Julian Somers <lists at bigpip.com> wrote:
> >The other day I had to interrupt a good lunch, get in the car, come home
> >and issue a couple of commands to a server after Nagios sent me a text
> >to say there was a problem. False alarm. Very irritating. Normal
> >systems administrator's whinge.
> >
> >What I need is either to lug my laptop with me wherever I go, or get a
> >mobile that runs an ssh client. (Or turn bloody Nagios off.)
> >
> >Can anyone recommend a phone that has a qwerty keyboard and an ssh
> >client, or, better still, runs linux?
> >

> i've not used it but there is a GPL'ed java ssh client for mobiles here:
>
> http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/index.php

Installed this on a Sony Ericsson W810i; it looks great, but does not
connect. Maybe my O2 gprs is the problem. Will keep trying, as this
would be a good stopgap until I decide what gadget to get.

Now I have looked at a few things, I have decided I also really really
need something with wifi, that will run a SIP client, etc, etc...

thanks, Julian

> Paul M
>
> >Thanks (and apologies for my never-ending requests for recommendations),
> >
> >Julian
> >
> >--

Julian Somers
+44 208 265 5407