[Gllug] Re: ssh client on a mobile : recomendations

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 15:40:05 UTC 2006

Julian Somers wrote:
> The other day I had to interrupt a good lunch, get in the car, come home
> and issue a couple of commands to a server after Nagios sent me a text
> to say there was a problem. False alarm. Very irritating. Normal
> systems administrator's whinge.
>
> What I need is either to lug my laptop with me wherever I go, or get a
> mobile that runs an ssh client. (Or turn bloody Nagios off.)
>
> Can anyone recommend a phone that has a qwerty keyboard and an ssh
> client, or, better still, runs linux?

I use PuTTY on my S60 based Nokia N80.  It runs on any of the S60 based
phones.  I don't have a qwerty keyboard but you could buy one of the
mini bluetooth ones and use that if you wanted to or get one of the S60
phones that has a qwerty keyboard.

JD

--
"I wish to beef up the grief. Slave, get a message down to mourners-r-us."
		- Eddie Izzard