[Gllug] "sda: unknown partition table" - USB flash disk scuppered?

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:57:53 UTC 2006

On 20/10/06, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann <tom at schutzer-weissmann.net> wrote:
> I have a 1GB usb memory stick that was working fine until this afternoon
> when I needed to print something from it. All of a sudden it's become an
> 8mb, and unusable.

There is a utility for Linux that fixes USB filesystems. I know, I am
not much of a help if I tell you I forgot it's name. But it's there. I
used it once. USB memories are not reliable, apparently it has a
short-life span of less than 8 years. Data will eventually sublimate.
Sometimes such decay appears much sooner!

I will do some digging, if I find the name of the utility I will let you know.

regards

Henry
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk