[Gllug] Thinkpad T20

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Sun Oct 22 15:59:47 UTC 2006

I bought a T20 almost a year ago and have been using
it indoors with an AC Adaptor as the battery supplied
seemed u/s.

Yesterday at a Computer Fair off Tottenham Court Road
I managed to purchase a new compatible battery at what
I considered a reasonable price. It was not fully charged,
and at the moment I'm letting the machine charge it.

As is normal with me, I have a question or two I had not
thought about before.

a. IBM's web site says:-

	Battery life: 3 hours without recharge (I get that!)

	Charge Time: System operational: 6 hours maximum
	             Power off: 2.5 hours maximum
					(That I don't get)

b. If I'm going to use this thing as intended, I presume I
	will have to use two batteries - one in use and a
	spare already charged. What do most people do. Are
	there standalone mains battery chargers?

c. I've seen reference to a back up Battery facility, but
	can't now find where I saw this. (I don't have a
	Manual as I bought the laptop 'secondhand').

Can some kind soul please assist an old geezer yet again.

Regards,

John.