[Gllug] OT : adsl line connection speeds

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:50:06 UTC 2006

On 9/11/06, Jack Bertram <jack at jbertram.net> wrote:
> The other thing you could try is to pay extra for prioritised service -
> e.g., Eclipse (among others) allows you to buy an 8Mb service at four
> different quality levels in which the contention is the same but they
> route packets with different priorities.  I have the top level and am
> very happy with the speed of the service

Oddily enough, eclipse are exactly the ISP in question, and I am
paying for their top-tier consumer package.

To their credit, they have called me back when they said they would,
but aren't optimistic as BT's test system isn't showing [1] the test
results BT insist on having (and I have run).  Which is in itself
suspicious ;)

[1] It's showing the bt+isp tests, but not the bt only tests, which I
ran at the same time on the same machine
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk