[Gllug] Dell X Setup

Ryland, Peter peter.ryland at squaregain.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 09:23:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 10:12 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> Just a shot in the dark, really, but I've been given a workstation
> with a 19" Dell 1905FP TFT using an Intel 82865G Integrated Graphics
> Device.  I've tried everything I can think of, but cannot get a sane
> display - I either get 800x600, which is ludicrous, or I manage to get
> a greater resolution, but with 8bit colour.
>
> Knoppix fails to produce any magic, and dpkg-reconfigure and X
> -configure seems to produce the same results.
>
> Has anyone had any joy with this combination and can suggest a config
> that will give a sensible display?  On Windows I get it running at
> 1280 x 1024 in 32bit colour.

Posting your X log will help.

Pete

This communication is confidential and is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of
the information and you are requested to notify
postmaster at squaregain.co.uk immediately that you have
received it and then destroy the copy in your possession.
Squaregain Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and is a member of the LSE.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk